2305 Town Park Circle
Wisconsin , 54850WI 54860
Visitors to Wisconsin's Big Bay Town Park can't help but get a waterfront view--it's all around on this beautiful Lake Superior island getaway. Set on the largest of the Apostle Islands, Madeline Island, the campground features a sandy beach, sites for tents and RVs and outstanding scenic vistas. Making the arrangements for your vacation is easy, using the handy online system. Tourism is the number one industry here and the island always has its welcome mat ready for the summer season. You'll find restaurants, shops, a golf course, canoe, bicycle and kayak rentals and charter boats.
Travel by ferry from the city of Bayfield and the park is just six miles from the landing. The surrounding water and nearby islands make kayaking, canoeing, boating, fishing and swimming popular activities. A third of Madeline Island is made up of parks and wilderness preserves so the chance to enjoy unspoiled nature is never far away. Cruise to theApostle Islands, protected as a national park, to explore the historic lighthouses, beaches and wildlife. Scuba dive below the waves to view shipwrecks and rock formations. Paddle a sea kayak to gaze in wonder at the sea caves carved into the rock.
Sharing Madeline Island with Big Bay Town Park is Big Bay State Park, a great place for hiking, beachcombing and bird-watching. Hit one of the trails and be awed by the views of Lake Superior as you walk. The varied history of the area can be studied at the Madeline Island Museum, where displays showcase tools of the early trades and household items from immigrants' homes. For some fine entertainment in the outdoors, head to the Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua. Listen to performances under the tent or under the stars. Whatever your interests, your vacation at Big Bay Town Park will be a superior one.
RV Park / Caravan Park
No Hookup Site- $20.00/night
Electric Only Site- $26.00/night
- 2 night minimum on holiday weekends.
- 15% discount for 14 nights or more, all season long.
- $5.00/night extra person charge over 8 people.
The campground is provided with:
- pay showers
- three sets of flush toilets
- a picnic shelter with fireplace
- Potable Water
- a Pit Toilet in close proximity to the beach
- Picnic Tables
- Shaded sites
- Firewood available for purchase
Please be aware of the following rules before your visit to the park:
- Dogs must be on leash at all times and must be picked up after. May not run loose on the beach.
- Quiet time will be observed from 10pm to 7 am
- No cutting of dead or live trees
- No chainsaws
- No illegal fireworks
- Fire rings may not be moved
- Picnic tables may not be moved, either from the picnic area or from campsite to campsite.
- Notice of recycling rules
- Park is monitored.
- No campfires on the beach, in approved fire pits only
- Generators are only allowed to run between 10am and 5pm
PROJECTS: The park has undergone major improvements and all items are finished except a boardwalk to link Big Bay State Park's Lagoon Ridge Trail with the lagoon bridge and new beach boardwalk.